We Need Your Help !
Friends of the Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd intends litigation to overturn the original listing the Northern Grey Wolf as an endangered species.
Please Donate !
Friends of the Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd requests that you make your donations that will fund the wolf lawsuit directly to FOTHYEH:
P.O. Box 85
Gardiner, MT 59030
For more information on the wolf issue in this region, please check out the rest of this site as well as the links page.
Feel free to contact FOTNYEH as well.
- Click here to see the video Yellowstone is Dead
This is a short clip to the video release Yellowstone is Dead.
“Friends of the Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd intends to file litigation regarding the denial of the petition to delist the Northern Grey Wolf very soon. The link to the letter our attorney wrote to the Montana Legislature on Dec 6, 2006 shows FOTNYEH has the “standing” to sue.
Friends of the Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd requests that you make your donations directly to FOTNYEH:
P.O. Box 85
Gardiner, MT 59030
100 % of your donation goes to the lawsuit.
- The goal of the litigation is to;
Prove that the USFWS broke the law in the administration and implimentation of wolf introduction in the Northern Rocky Mountains.
- Seek restituition for damages done to the environment, private property, ranching , hunting, County tax reciepts and wildlife that resulted from the violations of those laws broken in the administration and implimentation of wolf introduction program in the Northern Rocky Mountains. The restitution mechanism will be for past damages,
- Have the United States Supreme Court order wildlife officials to impliment lethal wolf control in order to restore game herds back to original levels promised by Congress and the original scientific studies before wolves were forced on the States of Montana, Idaho and Wyoming.
- Have a judicial review of the abuse of Distinct Population Segment interpretation by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service
Here is the letter from the law office to FOTNYEH describing the donations:
Pursuant to your request, the purpose of this letter is to confirm that this firm can set up a trust account to hold donations sent to this firm for legal fees in connection with the proposed litigation regarding the denial of the petition to delist the Northern Grey Wolf filed by the Friends of the Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd (“Friends of the Elk”). As required by the Wyoming attorney rules of ethics, this firm already has a bank trust account to hold client funds in anticipation of litigation. That trust account is segregated by individual client names, so we could easily set up a separate account for the Friends of the Elk case. Donations can be made to that account anonymously, but it would be necessary to include on the check or the credit card slip a memo denoting that the funds were to be used for the Friends of the Elk case. If litigation were not filed, we would return the donations to each individual donor. If only a portion of the funds raised were used, we would also return any unused funds to each donor based upon the pro rata share of the donation.
Additionally, you asked whether the donations to the litigation could be claimed on the individuals’ tax returns. To qualify as a deductible contribution, the donation has to be given to a tax-exempt, non-profit organization. Our law firm is not an organization that qualifies to receive such charitable contributions.